- “Leisure” by W. H. Davies
- What is this life if, full of care,
- We have no time to stand and stare.
- No time to stand beneath the boughs
- And stare as long as sheep or cows.
- No time to see, when woods we pass,
- Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
- No time to see, in broad daylight,
- Streams full of stars, like skies at night….
Here’s the whole poem. Love the finishing lines too –
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Please make time to stop n admire nature n the people around us. Lets learn to enjoy the simple pleasures of life…